Comment on page
Crypto.com Loġin | Securing Crypto Ássets - Enabling 2FA
Implement robust security protocols by configuring two-step verification on your Crypto.com account. Safeguard account access via text, email or authenticator app.
With large amounts of money at stake, it's critical to implement robust security measures for your Crypto.com account. One of the top methods to fortify account protection is enabling two-factor authentication (2FA). This guide will walk through setting up 2FA to better safeguard your crypto holdings on Crypto.com.
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of identity verification when logging into your Crypto.com account by requiring two forms of evidence:
- Something you know - This is your account password.
- Something you have - This is the verification code from an authenticator app or text/email.
So in addition to entering your password, you must provide a rotating secondary code. This significantly enhances security.
Here are the steps to activate 2FA on your Crypto.com account:
- 1.Login to your Crypto.com account.
- 2.Go to Settings > Security.
- 3.Click "Enable 2FA".
- 4.Select your 2FA method - Authy app, SMS text, or email verification.
- 5.Follow the prompts to configure your chosen 2FA method.
- 6.Input your password when prompted to confirm turning on 2FA.
And done! 2FA is now enabled and required at each login for additional verification.
Once 2FA is on, after inputting your password, you'll need to:
- Open the Authy app and enter the 6 digit code if using that method.
- Input the text or email code if using SMS or email verification.
This satisfies the two factors and grants access to your account.
Be sure to secure whichever 2FA method you choose:
- Don't let others access your personal mobile device which contains the Authy app.
- Don't share the mobile number or email used for SMS and email codes.
- Write down your 2FA backup code and keep it somewhere safe in case you lose your device.
Enabling two-factor authentication helps provide peace of mind by adding critical account protection. Just be sure to keep your 2FA method locked down.